Need the competitive aspect to drive you? Here is where you can find races
Maybe you are looking for something to set your sights on in order to give purpose to your training or maybe you are competitive and like the feeling of competing against other people, it drives here. Regardless of whichever group you fall in, you’re looking for a local race and aren’t sure where to start.
Here are a few ways to find local races and events to get you moving and training for a specific event:
- Active.com – Probably one of the most well known sites for finding races. They have everything from running, triathlon, cycling, to random sport races like orienteering. They also have a section of races for families and kids. Active also has training camps that you can sign up for as well.
- Bikereg.com – Only interested in two wheeled adventures? Check out BikeReg.com which is where you can find all sorts of mountain and road cycling races. This is where I found my first bike race which was a local one in the downtown area of the town I live in.
- Facebook – Every race has a social media page it seems, and they all seem to have a facebook page. You can search for races near you on facebook and usually get recommendations for other races in your area after you choose to follow a race. This is also a great way to get a feel for the environment of the race. Is everyone smiling and having a good time or is it very serious and everyone is dressed for speed?
- Runningintheusa.com – This is a great site to find small venue running races.
- RaceMob.com – This site has all kinds of races and you can search by areas.
If you have any other recommendations on where to find local races, post them below to help others!