Monthly online challenges to motivate activity
Here are a few online competitions and events that I have found, if you know of any others or your gym/club is hosting one then post it below with a description and link.
- Strava.com is a community where you can post your workouts but also take part in monthly challenges. You can compete by yourself or with friends. Operation RSF also has a club page which you can join up with to jump into the discussion or just to get connected, https://www.strava.com/clubs/operationrsf
- Garmin Connect, which is a phone app as well as a website based fitness community. They do monthly challenges in which you can win badges and points to help level up and compete against your friends. The only caveat is that you need to have a Garmin watch.
- VetWod.org hosts multiple competitions that range from endurance-based to functional fitness. They cost money to join in on but are always fundraisers to support great organizations such as The Weekly Fight or GoRuck.
- www.teamrwb.org is a great organization for Veterans. They also have a phone app which has workout plans, and daily events. It allows you to join a community and get active while tracking your progress.
- GoRuck.com does challenges every now and again focused on ruck marches. Getting a pack on your back and going for a walk is always fun because you get to be outside and breathe in the fresh air.
Post up your favorite online competitions or events in the comments section below.